Friday, August 6, 2010

DIY no sew curtains!



So I'm getting pretty crafty since getting pregnant...its almost like I can't help myself...I'm addicted to DIY projects.

I got the idea for this one when I googled no sew curtains.

I made these curtains for $5, took about 45 minutes

Step One: Buy a flat sheet...your curtains should be at least 1.5 times wider than your window...I used a twin flat sheet for these. Cut open a sliver just large enough for your curtain rod to go through on each side.

Step Two: Cut it to the right length and use no sew fabric tape. Place the tape where you want the hem to be, and iron it shut. See directions on no sew tape.

Step Three: Add the details...a pretty ribbon across the top or bows and buttons..whatever you want!

Step Four: Place your new curtains on the rod and enjoy!

No comments: